Two teenage girls have died as a result of suspected food poisoning in Gulu district.
The deceased are identified as Miriam Atim, a student of Gulu High School and another only identified as Sharon. Their bodies were recovered from their home in Tegwana parish, Pece Division, Gulu Municipality this afternoon.
Police forced their way inside the house which was bolted from inside and found their faces were prostrate towards a cooking stove with a saucepan filled with food. James Asubu, the officer in-charge of crime at the Gulu central police station says the bodies had no injuries.
Patrick Jimmy Okema, the Police Public Relations Officer for Aswa River Region says samples of the food collected from the saucepan have been taken to the Government Analytical Laboratory for examination.
He says that the bodies have been taken to Gulu Regional Referral Hospital for postmortem. No arrests have been made in relation to the incident.