One dead, 10 hospitalized after consuming poisoned meat

One dead, 10 hospitalized after consuming poisoned meat

One person has died and ten others are hospitalized at Rushere community hospital in critical condition after eating contaminated meat. The incident occurred on Wednesday in Kyabagyenyi, Rushere in Kiruhura district.

The identity of the deceased woman and other victims weren’t readily available by the time of filing this story. Julius Ayebare, one of the affected residents, says they developed stomach complications after eating the meat.

Ayebare says the meat was from a cow that had succumbed to rare illness over the weekend. Samson Kasasira, the Rwizi Region Police Spokesperson, says information owned from the owner of the cow shows that it was ill for two weeks before it died.

He says they have dispatched samples from the cow and victims to the government analytical laboratories in Kampala for examination. Kasasira cautions residents to desist from eating meat from dead animals or consuming meat without clearance from veterinary doctors.

– URN