MTN Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services. MTN is an equal opportunity employer and is currently expanding and is seeking to recruit competent individuals to fill the following vacant Position of Technology Solutions Engineer.
Technology Solutions Engineer
Job Level (2)
The position reports to the Service and Technology Manager
Main Purpose of the Job
- To design and develop customized business solutions to meet customer and market telecommunication needs taking into account emerging technologies, cost effectiveness, value added services and growth opportunities. This position provides technical expertise to the sales force and takes the time necessary to fully analyze complex telecommunications applications from both user and network perspectives.
- Provide technical support to help drive revenue through all sales channels
- Present capabilities to customers & prospects
- Develop & present preliminary technical designs for customer solutions
- Work with Product Management to help drive appropriate product enhancements
- Prime responsibilities of the positions:
- Provide technical support to help drive revenue through all sales channels,
- Present capabilities to customers & prospects,
- Develop & present preliminary technical designs for customer solutions,
- Provide technical training to the sales teams,
- Work with Product Management to help drive appropriate product enhancements,
- Engage Professional Services team to complement customer solutions.
- Perform needs analyses for selected customer in conjunction with the team
- Develop and design complex solutions to be used by the sales team based on customer/ market requirements
- Provide pre-sales technical support to facilitate the sales team in winning new business
- Pre-sales design and implementation expertise in Enterprise/WAN service integration
- Provide post technical support to business customers in order to enhance growth and retention
- Strategize with the sales team to improve sales of all MTN products and solutions in order to enhance sales
- Produce written response to formal requests to tenders/ proposals
- Undertake visits and feedback comprehensive notes, customer profile information and visit check list
- Represent technical capabilities to prospective customers and existing customer base, and influence customer expectations according to product and network management capabilities and constraints,
- Present proposed solutions in a professional business environment, demonstrating salesmanship
The applicant must possess the following;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/ICT, Telecommunication and or Electrical Engineering
- Preferred qualifications: CISSP, MCSE, CCNA or other Industry recognized certifications and experience
- At least 3 years in the ICT telecommunications industry
- Critical understanding of technology services and infrastructure (Corporate voice solutions, ISP, Hosted & cloud services, IMS, Access technologies etc.)
- Proven skills/track record and direct experience in an ICT work environment
- Preferable: work experience in any of the following: networking design (LAN, WAN, WLAN 802.11), connectivity, routing and switching protocols, data communications, systems integration, virtual private networks, PSTN and PSDN systems
- Work experience in Networking, communications or systems integrations
- Demonstrable ICT and in-depth product knowledge
- Good listening and interpersonal skills
- Good conceptualization and functional flexibility
- Strong commitment to integrity
- Good analytical ability; ability to identify key issues
- Experience in LAN, WAN, WLAN (802.11) and network design connectivity, routing and switching protocol
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good time management and adherence to deadlines
- Customer centric approach
- Creative, credible, practical and reliable
- Must exhibit and the MTN values
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
Interested candidates should send hand deliver their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names, addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, at MTN Nyonyi Gardens Kololo) Kampala, not later than Monday, 30 April, 2018.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Note: MTN Uganda is an equal opportunity Employer.