Job Title: Communications Internship – STIPEND
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Since 1974, IFDC has focused on increasing and sustaining food security and agricultural productivity in over 100 developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise. IFDC enables smallholder farmers in developing countries to increase agricultural productivity, generate economic growth and practice environmental stewardship by enhancing their ability to manage mineral and organic fertilizers responsibly and participate profitability in input and output markets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Social media management and monitoring, including use of analytics (Facebook/Twitter, blogs, infographics, statements, etc.)
- Writing articles for the IFDC Magazine, articles for the annual report, press releases, feature articles, success story articles, profiles of IFDC projects and staff, etc.
- Editing technical/progress reports, etc.
- Work with interns in other departments on inter-disciplinary projects (e.g., Program Development Unit)
- Writing and editing information for use on the IFDC website
- Conducting research as needed
- Other projects as directed
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should preferably be current undergraduate juniors or seniors, or recent graduates in or have experience in journalism, public relations, marketing, advertising, social media or a related field
- Minimum GPA requirement: 2.5 overall with at least a 2.75 in a related major
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing with a professional demeanor
- Prior experience in scholarly/scientific writing
- Strong computer research and editing skills, interest and experience in social media
- Ability to multitask
- Knowledge of proper grammar and writing techniques
- Positive attitude, flexibility, exceptional work ethic and problem solving mentality
- Applicants should have high attention to detail; be able to work as part of a team, but also be able to perform tasks independently; possess exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to make a semester commitment of 20 hrs / week (negotiable)
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with IFDC should apply via their website by visiting the web link below