Job Title: Research Assistant
Organisation: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Job Summary: The Research Assistants will join the CRS Nuyok Gender team to collect and analyze data. The research assistants will report to the Nuyok Gender Adviser. The assignment will last for a total of work 20 days. Nuyok is seeking qualified qualitative Research Assistants to collect data as a step to completing Nuyok gender analysis.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-profit organization which implements the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About USAID FFP Program: CRS has worked in Uganda since 1965, initially providing emergency assistance to Sudanese refugees living in the north. Over the years, CRS has expanded its programming to Karamoja, leading a consortium of eight (8) partners to run a five-year project (Nuyok 2017-2022) funded by USAID/FFP to build resilience to shocks, enhance livelihoods and improve food and nutrition security for vulnerable rural families.
The Program, named Nuyok that covers Abim, Nakapiripirit and Napak districts —seeks to strengthen governance and gender equity, community capacity to manage shocks and stresses, traditional and diversified livelihood opportunities and nutrition and health (including improved water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)) of pregnant and lactating women (PLW), adolescent girls and children under two years of age (CU2).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Research Assistant job opportunities should hold bachelor’s degrees in one of the following: Social sciences, nutrition, gender studies, public health, anthropology, health communications, behavioral science, health promotion or related field.
- Experience in collecting data using qualitative methods
- Experience in analyzing qualitative research data
- Experience with Microsoft excel and word Strong organizational and writing skills
- Experience working in teams Good problem-solving skills Ability to make sound judgments.
- Good facilitation skills Willingness to work in remote areas
- Willing to work for long hours Must speak any of the local languages – Ngakarimojong or Thur – spoken in Nakapiripirit, Napak and Abim districts
- Agency-wide competencies: Serves with Integrity, Develops Constructive Relationships, Models Stewardship, Promotes Learning
How to Apply:
All candidates should Email a cover letter and CV only to email@example.com.
Please indicate the district you would like to work in the cover letter.
Deadline: 30th July 2018 by 5:00PM