Job Title: Beauty Spa Manager
Organisation: Hammam Spa & Salon
Duty Station: Fairway Hotel, Kampala, Uganda
Hammam Spa & Salon provides the best services to ensure their clients have an opportunity to renew their spirit and nurture their natural beauty with dedicated professionals.
Job Summary: The Beauty Spa Manager is responsible for the commercial success of the spa and saloon and will also manage the daily operations including personnel, finances, marketing, and the services offered.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentor, supervise and lead a spa team – The Beauty Spa Manager is responsible for coaching their spa staff team members and ensuring that they are adequately trained to carry out their respective jobs. As well as arranging rotas so that the spa is effectively staffed at all times, the spa manager is responsible for motivating their team into providing an exceptional service to their clients at all times.
- Achieve financial targets relating to spa revenue – The spa manager is responsible for ensuring that spa membership sales, retail product and treatment sales are all in line with budgeted expectations.
- Understand commercial stats and figures – Because the spa manager is ultimately running a business they will need to understand profit and loss statements, be able to effectively interpret KPIs and provide accurate sales forecasts and reports.
- Ensure the spa is clean, safe and tidy – One of the spa manager’s key roles is to ensure the spa is spotlessly clean throughout, tidy and above all else safe. They must keep abreast of health and safety legislation, protocols and be able to carry out an effective risk assessment of the spa.
- Monitoring stock levels – Spas need a surprising amount of stock to operate ranging from towels, robes, slippers, skincare products etc. The Spa Manager will need to ensure that the spa can effectively cater for their customers whether it be in providing them with complimentary refreshments or products so that therapists can deliver their booked treatments
- Delivering Top Service standards – The Beauty Spa Manager will be responsible for driving service standards within the spa so that all customers are treated to the very best service from the moment they arrive at the spa to when they leave.
- Proactive in promoting the spa – The Spa Manager will be fully expected to become involved in marketing the spa and promoting its services by developing publicity opportunities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Three to five years of experience in managing a spa preferably at a hotel or a specialist healthcare club
- Good business acumen and commercial awareness
- An ability to lead and motivate a team
- Great people skills, ability to get on with a wide range of different personalities
- Ability to work under pressure
- High standards of personal hygiene and grooming
- A good understanding of what constitutes excellent customer service
- Age: 35-45 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line quoted as “Spa Manager.”
NB: Please also kindly include your salary expectation in the cover letter.
Deadline: 27th July 2018