Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Organization: Mountains of the Moon University
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: Secretary MMU Transition Taskforce [TIE]
Job Salary: Attractive
Mountains of the Moon University was established as a private chartered university under the Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act of 2001 to provide quality teaching and learning that is relevant and competitive; offer courses that address the needs of the local, national and international community; promote research for the social- economic and political development of the country; and engage in activities for self- sustainability. The Ministry of Education and Sports appointed a Taskforce to manage the Transition of MMU from Private to Public University for the next two years.
Job summary: The Human Resource Manager will Provide leadership and oversee strategic direction and viability of the HR in the University.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and direct the development, monitoring and evaluation of strategicand annual Human Resource plans, as well as HR functions and processes in line with the University’s Strategic Plan and Human Resource Policy.
- Coordinate the production of the Human work plan and budget for Human Resource Functions, processes and activities in line with the University’s Strategic Plan and Budget
- Initiate, implement, and review Human Resource Policy in line with the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Link the Human Resource functions to both National and international Universities and organizations in line with the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Scan business environment for best practices and initiate institutional review and design strategies and systems of managing change in line with the University’s Human Resource Policy and Strategic Plan.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to council and other University decision making organs and ensure uniform HR policy applications by all units in line with HR policy.
- Mobilize, plan and account for resources of the Office in line with the University strategic plan.
- Initiate systems and strategies to empower staff for leadership in line with the University Human Resource.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- HRM; M. Org Psy; MBA (HR Option) or a Master’s Degree in Management with a PGD HR ; must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Human Resource Management)
- Minimum of 10 years relevant working experience 5 years of which must have been at senior level in public service setting
- Adequate Human Resource Professional development training
- Membership with HR professional body is added advantage
- Training in Organizational Development or Certification in HR and any other HR related field added advantage.
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to build, lead and work with teams.
- Computer literacy.
- Interpersonal & communication skills.
- Quick judgment and decision making
- Ability to initiate change
How to Apply:
All Qualified candidates must submit the following:
- Five copies of hand-written application letter
- An up to date and detailed CV including contacts of 3 credible referees
- Copies of academic qualifications! credentials
- A copy of a valid Identity Card or Driving License or Pass port
- Any other relevant document to support the application
Application clearly indicating the position applied for on the top right-hand corner of the envelop delivered to:
The Secretary MMU Transition Taskforce
P. 0. Box 837,
Fort Portal, Uganda.
Tel +256 483 660 338
Deadline: 29th November 2019