Job Title: Programme Coordinator
Organization: Street Child of Uganda
Duty Station: Palabek Refugee Settlement, Lamwo district, Uganda
Reports to: Technical Director
About Street Child:
Street Child of Uganda works in the refugee and development contexts, supporting children to access education. Currently, our major projects are based in Palabek refugee settlement and Kyaka II refugee settlement providing primary education to refugee and host community children. In addition to this Street Child is supporting children across Uganda with primary, secondary and tertiary education scholarships.
Job Summary: The main responsibility of the Programme Coordinator will be to oversee the implementation of Street Child Uganda’s Education Cannot Wait project in Palabek refugee settlement, reporting to the Street Child Uganda Programme Manager. The role will involve working closely with our implementing partner and in liaison with ECW and government stakeholders. The ideal candidate would have a strong background in NGO work, good communication skills, and excellent leadership abilities. Analytical thinking and the capacity to research innovative intervention methods, as well as creativity and flexibility are also expected.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Working alongside the Street Child Uganda Programme Manager and our local partner to ensure impactful and efficient delivery of the ECW education programme
- Project delivery – monitoring activities and recording the progress of projects against targets
- Responsible for overseeing contractors
- Effective management of those staff hired for ECW project in line with the HR Manual
- Supervise project activities – recording expenditure against budget
- Identify and report issues with programme implementation to Programme Manager
- Delivering procured materials and ensuring appropriate accountabilities are collected and all policies are adhered to
Supporting local ECW implementing partner
- Work with Street Child Uganda programmes and finance team to support implementing partner with project delivery
- Undertake sufficient monitoring to identify and respond to any issues that exist with partners
- Work with programmes team to identify partner training needs and coordinate with the team and partners to conduct capacity building trainings for partner
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Two years of experience working in the NGO sector
- Proven evidence of having worked on the delivery of successful programmes
- Experience in managing teams
- Strong analytical, reporting, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills
- Knowledge of project cycle management
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills;
- Proven coaching and mentoring abilities
- Ability to positively influence others and successfully reconcile differences;
- A self-starter with a strong results orientation and with high levels of integrity, credibility and dependability;
- An energetic team player who can effectively collaborate, and who can stand alone when necessary;
- Ability to work in international settings and with various departments to implement successful programmes;
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver under pressure and on tight deadlines.
- Commitment to Street Child’s mission, vision and values, and the ability to convey with enthusiasm about Street Child’s work
- High integrity, honesty and confidentiality; ability to deal tactfully and discreetly with situations, people and information;
- Acceptance of diversity and inclusion as a core value.
- Willingness to work in flexible, sub-optimal, stressful and unstable environment.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 10th January 2020