Job Title: Architect
Organization: Watoto Child Care Ministries
Duty Station: Watoto Church Down Town, Kampala, Uganda
Watoto Child Care Ministries is a ministry of Watoto Church that rescues vulnerable children and restores dignity to them by providing holistically for their physical, spiritual and emotional needs. Watoto has operations in Kampala, Wakiso, Mpigi and Gulu.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft detailed Architectural plans, layouts & other drawings indicating dimensions, specifications and details as required to enable accurate interpretation of designs by draftsperson/architectural assistants, engineers as well as other design professionals.
- Study contractual law, tax obligations for architectural firms as well as management of construction projects from inception to completion.
- Participate in contractor procurement, full tender process management and conducting client architect meetings.
- Prepare all required documents like architectural drawings, payment, completion certificates and ensure to liaise with local authorities for approval of architectural drawings and plans
- Follow up of consultants in project team to enable them to submit required deliverables like architectural and engineering drawings, Bills of Quantities, NEMA EIA/EA, TIA reports etc in time.
- Participate in construction supervision, project management, chairing meetings, drafting meeting minutes, recording site instructions and reviewing contractor reports.
- Supervision of architectural assistants to ensure completion of work to the required set standards to enable consistency with design concepts. Ensure that all consultants have site inspection reports submitted regularly.
- Identifying work/project needs within the Ministry including future projects and converting them into proposals/briefs and assist in the administration of the architectural construction projects.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Watoto Architect job should hold a degree in Architecture.
- Five years of progressive working experience in the architectural design environment and be registered with the Architects Registration Board as well as a member of the Uganda Society of Architects
- Strong leadership, interpersonal skills and commitment to work within a team environment.
- Self-motivated, ability to multi task, innovative and creative.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send one merged PDF with a cover letter, academic documents and CV (not more than 6 pages, less than 20MB) a cell recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Architect – Candidate – First Name, Last Name).
Deadline: 27th April 2018