Job Title: Director Industry Affairs and Content
Organisation: Uganda Communications Commission (UCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) was established to implement the provisions of The UCC Act 2013 Laws of Uganda with a principal goal of developing a modern communications sub-sector and Infrastructure in Uganda, in conformity with the operationalization of the Telecommunications Policy.
Job Summary: The Director Industry Affairs and Content will provide strategic leadership in the development, implementation and monitoring of the policies and guidelines in relation to economic regulation, consumer protection, content regulation and development in line the Commission’s mandate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s Degree in Telecommunications Management, Global Innovations in telecommunications, Economic Policy and Planning, Statistics or related field.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Management, Statistics or related field with a minimum of second class honors.
- Additional certification or membership
- Ten years of working experience with a Regulatory Body, Telecommunications organization or similar corporate setting, with a minimum of 5 years in a managerial position directly exposed to Telecommunications Regulation and Policy.
- Proven direct interface with international Regulatory bodies and Associations including ITU, GSMA, ISO would be an added advantage
- Economic Regulation and Policy
- Telecommunications innovation and commercial trends
- Dispute Resolution Management
- Consumer Protection and Empowerment
- Market and Industry Analysis
- Stakeholder Management
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with updated and detailed curriculum vita giving three references, copies of academic and professional certificates, postal address and daytime telephone contact addressed to:
The Managing Director,
ABS Consulting Group
Workers House, 1 Pilkington Road,
9th Floor, Southern Wing
P.O. Box 29526
NB: Please indicate the position applied for on the envelope (‘Application for the position of…….”)
Deadline: 30th April 2018