Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organization: Bank of Baroda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Bank of Baroda Uganda Limited, also known as the Bank of Baroda Uganda (BBU), is a commercial bank in Uganda. BBU is involved in all aspects of commercial banking, focusing on large corporations, small and medium enterprises, and individuals. BBU is a subsidiary of the Bank of Baroda (BBI), an international bank with headquarters in Mumbai, India.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out ongoing assessment of corporate governance in the bank, internal controls, systems and procedures and assuring Board and management of the Bank that the control mechanism is effective and adequate. Monitoring compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies, efficiency and effectiveness of operations and safeguarding of assets.
- To conduct Concurrent Audit of Branches and Risk Based Audit of Branches/offices departments as per Annual Audit Plan approved by Board Audit Committee and ensuring timely submission of the audit reports to all concerned.
- To evaluate the existing systems & procedures, suggest improvements to make the system fraud free.
- To assist in verifying compliance with Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Countering Financial Terrorism (CFT) & Know Your Customer (KYC) norms/guidelines. To generate and verify the daily off-site inspection report of all branches.
- To assist in verifying the reliability of the information produced by accounting and computer systems.
- To ensure compliance with laws, policies and operating instructions including internal checks.
- To carry out risk assessments of all branches and prepare Annual Audit Plan. Detection of revenue leakages, if any and ensuring recovery thereof.
- Checking of the enforceability of documents taken in respect of advance accounts and verification of asset classification of advances.
- Ensuring the quality and contents of inspection reports; critical analysis and reporting of credit, NPA, preventive vigilance, high risk areas, sensitive accounts and computer operations and housekeeping.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University degree with Upper Second Class or better
- Fully qualified in accounting profession with a recognized institute and registered member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU)
- At least three years of post-qualification experience, preferably in banking sector in Uganda. Accounting or auditing experience in a financial institution will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of IFRS, Ugandan tax legislation, and Financial Institutions Act (FIA) 2004.
- Applicant should possess Good experience of working on computers;
- Fluency in spoken/written English,
- High integrity and strong character.
- Should be strong in analytical and numeracy skills.
- Age: Preferably 30 years and above. However, Management reserves the right for determining the age criteria even beyond -30 years keeping in view the experience / qualifications etc.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their typed applications with full Curriculum Vitae, names of two referees with self-attested photocopies of Registration No. of ICPAU / academic / professional / experience certificates, proof of age, postal address, email ID & mobile number, etc. should be sent in a sealed envelope to:
The Executive Director,
Bank of Baroda (Uganda) Limited,
18, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 7197, Kampala.
Deadline: 14th September, 2019 by 4.00p.m.
- Envelope containing application must be clearly marked “Application for the post of “Internal Auditor”.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for selection process as decided by the Bank.
- No communication will be sent to the applicants whose applications are not found suitable during the short-listing process.
- Bank reserves the right to reject / accept any application and to relax / alter any condition without assigning any reason.
- Bank reserves the right not to make any appointment as a result of the selection process.
- The short-listed candidates will be subjected to written test and/or personal interview.
- Final selection will be subject to finding the candidate medically fit by Bank’s Panel Doctor.
- If any information with regard to Qualification, Age, Experience, background checks etc. provided by any applicant to the Bank is found to be false at any stage the Bank reserves the right to cancel his/her selection / appointment at any stage.